cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Accessing related Test result in defect report

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Accessing related Test result in defect report

I want to create a report over my defects including the related test result verdicts and annotations per defect.

The goal is  e.g. to have a "defect log" showing all defects and all their regression test results.

I know how to access test results in report recipies using the according tags, but the problem is that, although the GUI shows me the related Tests Results in the Defect items view, the reports engine seems to unable to access these items via the tags , like

<%begintestresultdetail verdict=&combinedverdictfilter %>
<table>
        <tr>
            <%iteratetestresultfields%>
            <th>&testresultdisplayname</th>
            <%/iteratetestresultfields%>
        </tr>-- Display test result field values -->
        <tr>
            <%iteratetestresultfields%>
            <td>&testresultfieldname</td>
            <%/iteratetestresultfields%>
        </tr>
</table>
<%endtestresultdetail%>

If I run the same recipe on a Testcase item  instead of a Defect item, all test result data can be accessed just as expected.

So is there a hidden switch that controls whether the "related Tests Results" can actually be accessed in reports or is there a constraint that test results may ONLY be accessed from types implementing "Testcase" Role.

There is no hint in the documentation of such a restriction.

Can anybody help me out here ?

7 REPLIES 7
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Hello @mrump,

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question.  I believe you'll have to open a case with our Technical Support team, and they'll have to get a code inspection done to answer your question.

Kind Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Hi @KaelLizak,

thx for the response.

May I assume from your answer, that YOU in YOUR Setup  are able to actually generate such a report ( test result information for an item type that is not  implementing a "testcase"); implying that it is generally possible and the problem is on our side.

Or do you have no idea whether this is/should be possible at all?

Nevertheless, I'll submit case for PTC support and keep this post updated.

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Case was posted case13994407 2 weeks ago.

No progress yet Smiley Sad

Not even the confirmation that this should actually work or not (bug or feature ?)

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

Hi @mrump,

Greetings from my side.

It's my pleasure if i can work with you and help you on this.

I have worked on reports multiple times and i guess this should be accessible and there is no such kind of restrictions.

But i need to check once in my system also so please give me some time.

You can revert me back on my Email:- Kapil.Jain@itcinfotech.com for further information if required.

Thanks @mrump.

Kapil 

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:kjain-2)

Hi @kjain-2

here is the official response from PTC support, I received this morning:

Please be Informed that after R&D investigation, Related Test Result are not supported for Defect. 
They are only supported for Test Case, Test Session and Test Suite.
This is the reason why the described issue is occurring.
Given this situation we recommend you to Post an Idea on Product Ideas @ PTC Community in order to speed up the implementation of this request.
Also if this issue is very important to you, please contact your Account Manager to implement this Idea in the future release of Integrity Lifecycle Manager.

So to keep a long story short:

There IS a restriction (obviously hard coded) and it is nowhere documented.  Smiley Sad

Related Test Result are only supported for Test Case, Test Session and Test Suite item types in the report engine.

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

Hi @mrump,

Thanks for your response.

Adding to the same, I also tried to run the code on that day but it was not working then i talked with PTC Support and it was completely surprising for me also that this is only supported for Test Session.

But it should be like this if anywhere that tab is enabled code should works as you also mentioned.

But this is definitely some kind of improvement area that hopefully gets resolved in upcoming release.

Thanks @mrump.

Kapil 

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:kjain-2)

Top Tags