cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Comparing fields values with other field values while creating queries in MKS Integrity 2009

dkhosla
1-Newbie

Comparing fields values with other field values while creating queries in MKS Integrity 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create a query in MKS Integrity 2009 and i want to put a filter which says that modified by=assigned resource.

I can achieve this in triggers but how can i achieve the same while creating a query?

Also, can i add rules to the scheduled triggers in mks integrity 2009.

3 REPLIES 3

Deepika,

It is not really possible to do a field to field compare in a query. This is done in a report where you can set up computed fields to do advanced data manipulations like computed fields and compares.

Could you provide an example of this option in a report environment

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:jsummers)

Hi Joe,

<copy from the client help sites>

You can compare two user fields in a computed expression, for example, “Assigned User” = “Created By”. A logical value or true or false is returned.

</copy>

so as Jeremy already said you create a query, or if this "filter-rule" is used often your design you could create a computed field and add it to you type, like

fieldname : "was last modified by assigned User ?"

description: "contains a 1 if the last mdification to this item was performed by the asigned user"

computation : isEmpty ( ("modified by"="assigned resource")?1:0, 0);

computation type : dynamic

Then you can query on all items having value 1 in this field

HTH Matthias

Top Tags