cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Copy to Excel

jhm
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Copy to Excel

Anyone know a good way to do this, how to copy and paste fields from Integrity item types to excel

5 REPLIES 5
VolkerEckardt
17-Peridot
(To:jhm)

Hi Jhm,

Your request is a bit short.

We dont copy any data to excel.  But we have "Export to Excel", or we have an Excel Integration Add-On.

The first is uni-directional, not configurable, it just works.

The second is bi-directional, and configureable using XML definitions.

There are also custom solutions available, for example how to upload Excel data into new documents

Hope this helps.

Volker 

jhm
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker,

What I am trying to do, is copy the visible fields from an item type, into a spreadsheet.

I want to compare the same fields on the same type that are on 2 different servers.

I am trying to find a way, that is better, less time consuming then typing manually.

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated

Thanks

John     

VolkerEckardt
17-Peridot

Hi John,

what about:

im types --hostname=<server1>  --fields=visibleFields "Defect"  > defect_visible_fields_server1.txt

and

im types --hostname=<server2>  --fields=visibleFields "Defect" > defect_visible_fields_server2.txt

and then any diff tool would do.

We do have more sophisticated solutions, but this is a still working one.

Volker

jhm
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker

Thanks for getting back to me.

The issue is I don`t have access to any of the servers command line

I am looking to do a migration, and would like to show the client the difference between the servers. Workflows and fields

I was hoping to just copy and paste or something like that, and bring them into a spreadsheet

Thanks

John

VolkerEckardt
17-Peridot

Hi John,

there are plenty of tools that can help you.

For example also my own IntegrityDocs, which you can find also here in the Community (Tips section)

But, also this tool requires at least Read Admin Access.

Usually the command line works, did you try it out?  when you enter "im" in the bin directory of your client, does it return anything good?

If I can suggest somethign I would encourage you to ask your IT contact person who should grant you Read Access for Admin Objects. Its essental for such a task that you plan to perform.

Volker 

Top Tags