cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creating a Test Case - For a begginer

AD_10334222
4-Participant

Creating a Test Case - For a begginer

Hi, I have a few problems understanding ims api documentation. I want to ask you how to :

1. Create a new/empty Test Case 

2. Link created Test Case to a Test Suite

3. Update the Verdict of the Test Case (set it to Passed/Failed)

I think i have to use im createcontent but I don't know what do I need to write.

Can you please post detailed -working- examples ?  

Thanks for your attention!

Regards,

Andrei.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AD_10334222
4-Participant
(To:kjain2)

Thank you for your answer ! To be clear, I want to : 

Using cli commands and not gui.

Command im createcontent --parentID=23 --insertLocation=first --type="Test Case" --field="Summary=MyFirstTestCase" return this error : 

MKS124079: The field "Summary" is not a valid field in the Type "Test Case".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kjain2
14-Alexandrite
(To:AD_10334222)

Hi @AD_10334222 ,

You would like to create Test Case using API, why not using standard GUI of Integrity Client? (Just wanted to understand your purpose)

You can use API as well but if you can do same thing by GUI then would be easy for you being an beginner. Nevertheless below is the command:-

im createcontent --parentID=23 --insertLocation=last

Command has various option which you can take a look by referring to the documentation, most important is parentID which is in this case Test Suite (Document) ID where this Test Case belongs and type which is i would consider Test Case here.

E.g. im createcontent --parentID=23 --insertLocation=first --type="Test Case" --field="Summary=MyFirstTestCase"

Seocond is about setting verdict for that you need to create Test Session which is another item types in Integrity and then this case need to be part of Test Session and then later you can set verdict. For that you need to understand Test Management Module in Windchill RV&S. (Sorry difficult to explain everything in comment)

Does this help a bit?

Feel free to ask further questions.

Vielen Dank / Many Thanks,
Kapil Jain

AD_10334222
4-Participant

Thank you for your answer ! To be clear, I want to : 

Using cli commands and not gui.

Command im createcontent --parentID=23 --insertLocation=first --type="Test Case" --field="Summary=MyFirstTestCase" return this error : 

MKS124079: The field "Summary" is not a valid field in the Type "Test Case".

kjain2
14-Alexandrite
(To:AD_10334222)

Hi @AD_10334222 

Command what showed you was just an example or reference. You need to refer that and write according to your Integrity Setup. E.g. Summary is the field name which may be not in your setup then change it according to your setup.

--parentID=23, E.g. 23 is also an example ID command will never work if you don't have any Test Suite with ID 23.

So you have to modify attribute and argument of the command as per your Integrity Setup.

PS: Refer Integrity help material to get detailed instruction on command and what all argument you can pass.

Vielen Dank / Many Thanks,
Kapil Jain

AD_10334222
4-Participant

Thank you for your time, I will try what you said and I will come back with a feedback.

Top Tags