cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Difference between Item editability and Workflow permission

ptc-5063479
1-Newbie

Difference between Item editability and Workflow permission

HI,

I am using Integrity 10.3 We are planned to provide edit access to group for editing an item (type CR) at particular state (say Assigned). So I have provided access by clicking arrow that leads to assigned state which enable group to change.

What is difference between Item ediability and permission in workflow state change option of TYPE in Integrity Admin client.

Regards

Sarath

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Venkata,

Item Editability grants the permission to edit any items of the type. Workflow state change permissions allow users to change the state field from one value to the other value.

What it sounds like you want to do is add a rule in the editability that says something like state = "Assigned" and group = "specifc group".

Keep in mind though that item editability is global for all the items of the type, so you may end up with several "or" clauses in the editability rules so that group A can edit it in some states, group B in other states, etc as makes sense for your business purposes.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Hi Matt,

First thank you for reply in blog.

Here is my concern. If I add rule in item editablity that everyone can edit the item CR then

1. could I control the users in workflow (Configure Self Transition) of each state.

2. Is this allow only particurlar group to change the item.

Please confirm my undestanding is correct.

Regards

Sarath

Top Tags