cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Edit preferences - proxy setting via cli

BiFi
1-Newbie

Edit preferences - proxy setting via cli

Hello,

I need the command that will set the hostname and port for proxy server via integrity cli and also check the box "Use default proxy for all unlisted connections" like shown in the attached picture.

I would also like to ask, if it is possible with PTC Integrity 10.4 , to import a viewset in the client using command line interface ?

Please help me with these questions.

Thank you very much in advance for responses!

Proxy_setting.jpg

found the commands:

-- proxy setting:

si diag --diag=setproxy --param=$HOST:$PORT --param=$FSA:$FSAPORT --target=client

Message was edited by: Ficut Bianca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cpabst
1-Newbie
(To:BiFi)

Hi,

you can use the following command to set this setting:

si diag --diag=setproxyprefs --target=client --param(proxyUsedefault|proxyConfirmuser|proxyGlobaluser|proxySameuser) [--param=(true|false)]

So set final command woudl be:

si diag --diag=setproxyprefs --target=client --param=proxyUsedefault --param=true

Unfortunately this command is only documented in the Release Notes of 2007 SP6:

http://www.mks.com/support/productinfo/docs/releasenotes_S040900011-01.pdf

(page3)

If it does not work for some reason please just le me know.

Best Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cpabst
1-Newbie

Hi,

you can use the following command to set this setting:

si diag --diag=setproxyprefs --target=client --param(proxyUsedefault|proxyConfirmuser|proxyGlobaluser|proxySameuser) [--param=(true|false)]

So set final command woudl be:

si diag --diag=setproxyprefs --target=client --param=proxyUsedefault --param=true

Unfortunately this command is only documented in the Release Notes of 2007 SP6:

http://www.mks.com/support/productinfo/docs/releasenotes_S040900011-01.pdf

(page3)

If it does not work for some reason please just le me know.

Best Regards,

Chris

BiFi
1-Newbie
(To:cpabst)

hello,

thank you so much for replying, I found this command in the mean time also and it works...yeah...it was not easy to find it.

I have another challenge now: I have to make a viewset available ( as in being displayed) from the CLI.

I use integrity fetchviewset to import the viewset and make it available in the client menu ViewSet -> Open it will be displayed on the list and the user has to select it and actually open it for display. But I want to skip this user action and make the viewset to be displayed when he opens the client, without him having to actually open the viewset. Is that possible? I also could not find this in the documentation.

Thank you very much for reply in advance!

cpabst
1-Newbie

Hi,

Regarding the viewset, we've been trying this in the past as well, but ran into some troubles.

Working on this has recently restarted. It looks like there is no 'official' way to accomplish this.

The basic approach we are following now, is to manually import them. The approach is the following.

- ensure the client is shutdown

- copy the viewset files into this folder (C:\Users\<userID>\.mks\viewset\user\) - make sure to copy .vs and .vso file

- modify the IntegrityClient.rc file - add/modify the 'mks.gui.openViewSets=' with the viewsets you want to enable for the users

The main problem with approach is the question how, to handle existing settings of the user (overwrite / respect / user choice).

Furthermore there was the question wether it is possible to add these setting to the IntegrityClientSite.rc file, so newly created IntegrityClient.rc files are already setup correct.

(Just as an inspiration, we invented a so called 'setup script'. The MKS icons on the Destop of our users, now no longer leads to the .exe-file, but to the script. The script takes care of Proxy settings (and in future of Cache and Viewset settings as well). Afterwards the client gets started.)

(In addition the script is stored on a network drive.)

Using this approach we have the chance to modify the client for each individual session.

Even this is not direct answer to your question, maybe you some hints are helpful.

If you have any further questions, please just let me know.

Best Regards,

Chris

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:cpabst)

This sounds like it could potentially be useful in a number of situations. Is this something you could share with the community?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi Michael,

as it has been developed from and for our company, I unfortunately cannot share the code, but I can describe the basic approach.

- the 'target' of Integrity Icons got replaced with the a address of a (server based) script

- this script analysis the current location with an IP Subnet analysis

- according to prefedined settings the proper connection parameters are set (direct/individual proxy)

- in addition we use the script to analyse a few system information and inform the user e.g. about missing entries in the 'PATH'-variable

- finally the local client gets started

(- the script can also run on the fly of the client)

I hope the description might be helpful.

(If PTC is interested in our approach, please contact us.)

Best Regards,

Chris

Top Tags