cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Export Integrity Requirements Documents to MS Excel

pmerkle
5-Regular Member

Export Integrity Requirements Documents to MS Excel

Hi All,

is there any FDO for exporting entire documents (input, requirement, specification) from Integrity to MS Excel?

Or is there any simple way to do this?

Background: a customer is currently working with DOORS and exports

DOORS modules to Excel in order to generate code from the Excel file.

Now the customer wants to use Integrity for Requirements Engineering and is

asking for a way to export Integrity documents to Excel.

To do this there must be a way to map the Integrity fields to Excel columns.

Any hint would be helpful!

Thanks,

Peter

Message was edited by: Ryan Kelley

3 REPLIES 3

If you go to the PTC Software Download section and look for something like "Integrity-10-5-Microsoft-Excel-Integration", I think that does what you are looking for. It's under the "Integrity 10.5 Features" section. That gives you a little addin to Excel where you can download data, modify it, and then synchronize it back to the database. Also, you can kick out an xml file from the table if that's useful for you. I've pulled in DOORS data through Excel this way. If you're not using 10.5 then just look for your version. Hope that helps.

Peter,

Have you been able to work on this? We do have several customers working with DOORS, so this is something we should definitely be able to get to the bottom of.

pmerkle
5-Regular Member
(To:jgorsline)

Hi Jeremy,

the export from Integrity to Excel works fine using the menu item "Items --> Export Items to Excel"

when a Requirements Document has been opened and is shown in the document view.

I did never try to import Requirements from Excel into Integrity.

The ReqIF format can be used for exchanging Requirements between different Requiremet Tools.

Integrity supports this format. The exchange is done using a separate tool.

Regards,

Peter

Top Tags