cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Get the name of a SE based on its id

oostoia
1-Newbie

Get the name of a SE based on its id

Hi, guys

I am trying to get the Title of a Structure Element based on its Id.

I am running from cmd the following command:

im issues --hostname=%HOST% --port=%PORT% --user=%USERNAME% --fields="ID,Title,State" --fieldFilter="Project=%PROJECT%" 29684

The command is executed successfully but the Title field isn't printed in the console output. The ID and State fields are printed. This is the output that I get:

29684 Approved

I don't know why the Title field is ignored even though the structure element has a Title. Could anybody give me some hints? Is there other ways to get the Title field of a Structure Element?

Btw, I'm using Integrity 10.5.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, I have found a workaround for this. I used the viewissue command and then I made a grep for the Title field and redirected the output in a text file.

im viewissue --hostname=%host% --port=%port% --user=%USERNAME% 29684 | find /I "Title:" > se.txt

But my question still remains unanswered...

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:oostoia)

Hello Ovidiu,

What output do you get if you run im fields | find /I "Title"?

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hello Kael,

I get the following output:

Title

Title.fva

This is the first time when I run this command, and I saw that it needs Admin permission.

Kind regards,

Ovidiu

Are you certain the field is actually called "Title" behind the scenes? It is possible to have a text override on a field name so it can be difficult to determine.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:JoeBartlett)

Ovidiu,

I suspect Joe is correct about this.  If you are unsure of how to check this, you should probably open a case with PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Support.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags