cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Getting list of differences between checkpoints without initial revision comments

mleblanc
2-Guest

Getting list of differences between checkpoints without initial revision comments

Is there a way to get the list of revision comments between two Integrity checkpoints without the initial revision comments?

The following CLI command pretty much gets me what I want:  

"si mods --showChangePackages --showRevDescription –r 1.15.1.9 –r 1.15.1.10…”

Example output:

----Modifications from: 1.15.1.10

---------- Member revision changed: file.cpp from 1.24.2.2 to 1.24.2.3

1.24.2.2 user1 Jan 29, 2015 1:18:55 PM Exp --

1.24.2.2 log=> Adding ability 1

1.24.2.3 user1 May 4, 2018 10:05:21 AM Exp --

1.24.2.3 log=> Adding ability 2

But, you can see by the strikethrough above that the file changed from 1.24.2.2 to 1.24.2.3, and I don’t want the 1.24.2.2 revision comments to appear (since those comments are not applicable to this list of differences).

Integrity’s CLI user manual explicitly states that “To provide context to the list of revisions, the initial member revision for the specified checkpoint is also included.”  So, it sounds like it is working as stated, but I am trying to list the changes between checkpoints (used to create release history), and I really need the initial comments removed since they are not part of the release.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags