cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Git Integration SSL issue

christopherm
1-Newbie

Git Integration SSL issue

Following the Git Integration Guide, I setup the GitIntegration.properties file with my hostname and port. When I try to connect, I get this message:
MKS1133411: Unable to connect to IM Server: null

I went onto the Integrity server and checked the logs and saw this error:

2018-03-28 13:03:21,198 DEBUG [mksis.IntegrityServer] DEBUG(0): MultiProtocolServer: javax.net.ssl.SSLException -- javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
at sun.security.ssl.EngineInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(EngineInputRecord.java:156)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:868)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:781)
at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:624)
at mks.nio.AbstractSelectableChannelReader$SecureChannelAdapter.handleRead(AbstractSelectableChannelReader.java:670)
at mks.nio.AbstractSelectableChannelReader$AbstractListener.handleRead(AbstractSelectableChannelReader.java:407)
at mks.nio.CompositeSelectableOperationListener.handleRead(CompositeSelectableOperationListener.java:73)
at mks.nio.SimpleSelectableChannelWatcher.handleSelectedKey(SimpleSelectableChannelWatcher.java:275)
at mks.nio.SimpleSelectableChannelWatcher.run(SimpleSelectableChannelWatcher.java:236)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

After doing some research, it looks like the git integration tool isn't using ssl like the server requires, but there is no configuration item to tell it to use ssl. Can you not use ssl with the git integration tool?

1 REPLY 1

This is correct, the git integration was not designed to be configured to use a secure connection to the Integrity server. It can only do a plain connection, and therefore will not work when the Integrity server is set to only accept secure connections.

To raise awareness, you might want to post a product idea for this new feature.

Top Tags