cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Has Integrity Source 10 unicode support (UTF16)?

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Has Integrity Source 10 unicode support (UTF16)?

Has Integrity Source 10 unicode support (UTF16)? (migrated thread) Posted: Mar 15, 2012 9:10 AM

s.saul     Posts: 68   From: Germany  Registered: Aug, 2004

We are actually on Integrity 2007 and think about upgrading.
There are some Feature requests active for a long time that show the need for unicode (UTF16) support (Integrity Source, possibility to diff, no binary storage).

So does Integrity 10 (Source) support unicode / UTF16?
Re: Has Integrity Source 10 unicode support (UTF16)? Posted: Mar 15, 2012 9:45 AM
Posted By:   mlizak     Posts: 72 /  Registered: Feb, 2011  
Hello Saul,

Unfortunately, that feature has not been currently implemented.  Could you please contact Integrity Support or your current Account Manager to communicate that this is still an important issue for you?

Regards,
Kael

Re: Has Integrity Source 10 unicode support (UTF16)? Posted: Mar 22, 2012 3:39 AM
Posted By:   s.saul     Posts: 68 /  From: Germany /  Registered: Aug, 2004  
Thanks for the fast answer.
I contacted support and am now waiting (obviously as many others) for an implementation.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
2 REPLIES 2
amatei
12-Amethyst
(To:KaelLizak)

I have a similar question.

I have a subproject name with Romanian accented characters like this AlexățĂÎÂȘ

When I use the CLI command

si viewproject --hostname=xxxx --port=yyy --project="t:/mks/archive/parentProject/project.pj" --norecurse

the subproject name is displayed with question marks instead of the letters above, it appears like this Alex??????

amatei
12-Amethyst
(To:amatei)

Similarly for a project name with accented characters

When I run the CLI command below in an UTF-8 test.bat file:

si viewproject --hostname=xxxx --port=yyy --project="t:/mks/archive/àâçéèêëîïôûùüÿ/project.pj" --norecurse

I get the following error:

+á+ó+º+¬+¿+¬+½+«+»+▌+++▌++++/project.pj is not registered with the current server.

Top Tags