cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to create a query that runs based on a different project each time

Software
3-Visitor

How to create a query that runs based on a different project each time

I would like to create a query that can be reused for different projects.

I was able to create a query that finds all of the test cases for a specific project by specifying the project name in the query.

I would like to be able to run the query against any project.

Is there a way to configure a query to do that?

Thanks,

Ginny M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ginny,

It sounds like what you ultimately are looking for, is RFC # 96262, "Item-driven Queries/Parameterized Queries".  Unfortunately, it's not something that will be addressed in Integrity, anytime in the near future.

So, you have to either have "per project" queries, or, I suppose, if the query is generic enough, and performant enough, you could have a generic query, and simply use the "Project Filter" to filter out the item you want in your query results view.

But I'm not sure you'll get what you're looking for, using that, since you're trying to find all the test cases per project.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Ginny,

It sounds like what you ultimately are looking for, is RFC # 96262, "Item-driven Queries/Parameterized Queries".  Unfortunately, it's not something that will be addressed in Integrity, anytime in the near future.

So, you have to either have "per project" queries, or, I suppose, if the query is generic enough, and performant enough, you could have a generic query, and simply use the "Project Filter" to filter out the item you want in your query results view.

But I'm not sure you'll get what you're looking for, using that, since you're trying to find all the test cases per project.

Top Tags