cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to detect MKS sandbox without .pj file in 10.9 version

srathinam
1-Newbie

How to detect MKS sandbox without .pj file in 10.9 version

Hi Team,

Is there any SI command to detect whether MKS sandbox in Integrity client 10.9. SI importsandbox command expects .pj filepath as sandbox name but as we all knew 10.9 version is not generating .pj file while creating sandbox.

Even in integrity client 10.9 UI expects .pj file while importing sandbox(Sandbox->import sandbox-> It's ask to select .pj file).

I reference this forum Importing sandbox without .pj file but i didn't get information.Please let me know how to detect MKS Sandbox without .pj file.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

what about "si sandboxes" or "si sandboxinfo"?

Whats your exact Use Case you like to fulfill?

Regards

This is how si sandboxinfo behaves on 10.4

d:\>si sandboxinfo < nul
Enter sandbox name:
*** A value for "--sandbox" is required.
d:\>echo %errorlevel%

d:\>cd PtcTest
d:\PtcTest>si sandboxinfo < nul
Sandbox Name: d:\PtcTest\project.pj

Project Attributes: none
Sandbox Attributes: none
d:\PtcTest>echo %errorlevel%

Maybe this could help you.

Anyhow the answer you will get is in the context of the current user/host combination.

If you move/copy your sandboxfolder the new location will be no sandbox anymore

and I suppose for version 10.9 even not an importable one.

HTH Jürgen

khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:srathinam)

Hello,

with 10.9 you are only able to import sandboxes that has been created with an Integrity Version that had local .pj files before.  Once imported the references will be stored into the local Client DB (Derby), and the .pj 'disappear' from your local drive.

Within 10.9 each Sandbox can't dropped and reimported anymore.  Each drop will now be permanent.

Regards,

Klaus

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:srathinam)

Hi,

as already written above you can detect sandboxes by some CLI commands. But you should be aware that you detect only sandboxes, which are known by this specific client (in its own user context) which you are using to call these commands. If you have a windows machine with more than one user profiles, and more than one user is also using Integrity, they all can have different sandboxes. And only the client (and it's configuration), which is used by user A, has knowledge about sandboxes from user A.

See also https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Questions/How-to-determine-whether-a-filesystem-folder-is-used-as-a/m-p/475780

kind regards, Jens

Top Tags