cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to migrate data from any versioning repository like (clearcase/git) to SCCM?

sagarwal-4
7-Bedrock

How to migrate data from any versioning repository like (clearcase/git) to SCCM?

I want to migrate all data i.e. while preserving history, including labels, branches, authors, timestamps from any Repository like SVN/clearcase/git etc. to SCCM.

But reallly have ni idea from where to start. Please help if any one know how to achive it.

4 REPLIES 4
uminet
12-Amethyst
(To:sagarwal-4)

Hello,

there is sadly no out-of-the-box solution available from PTC.

Your best chance is to contact PTC Global Services to build you your own personal migration tool. But be aware that "migrate ALL data" will be maybe not possible or very expensive.

Easiest solution is obviously to copy latest checkpoint into SCCM and set old versioning repository to read-only.

So far we haven't seen a solution from PTC that manages to remove/shut down other repositories by migrating everything into Integrity.

Regards,

Ulrich

Hi Ulrich

could you please explain more the below sentence

"Easiest solution is obviously to copy latest checkpoint into SCCM and set old versioning repository to read-only."

I am keen to know what exactly we are trying to achieve and how?

uminet
12-Amethyst
(To:sagarwal-4)

Hello,

from our experience: a full migration is very time & money consuming since there is not a fully developed solution available from PTC.

Common practice from PTC is to recommend to take latest checkpoint/release from different tool and do a check in into PTC Integrity. Old repository system is still around to look stuff up but should be no longer used for development.

Hello,

Thanks for your helpful suggestion. I really want to give a try to this provided solution, but i dont have a clear idea what exactly you are trying to do technically.

It will be very helpful if you give me technical guideness as well.

So that i can atleast for the time being proceed with partial migration.

Regards

Shubham

Top Tags