cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to simply disable a trigger?

elmar_pfeffer
6-Contributor

How to simply disable a trigger?

I have a rule based trigger that resets a field on a defined rule.

How do I disable the trigger without reconfiguring the trigger type or even deleting it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Elmar,

Yes, this trigger is getting executed because it has some value to assign based on the rule.

Pre/Post event are only required to execute the script.

So if you want to disable it you can move complete rule to 

And

.......Existing Rule................

ID==0

Hope this will help you.

Chirag Agarwal

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Elmer,

You can disable a rule based by simply unchecking the pre/post event(only in case if there is no assignment).

Else you can add one more condition in the rule i.e. "ID=0"

Regards,

Chirag Agarwal

For the trigger the pre/post event checkbox was not checked but the trigger still did it's job!

Maybe this was because it has no js script that it should run but only a "Rule" that "Assigns" a certain value to a field?

To disable it I now reconfigured it to type schedule as I learned from the support forum: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS148391&language=en&posno=1&q=How%20to%20disable%20a%20trigger&source=search

This did not feel right to me so I wanted to know if there is a better solution.

Hi Elmar,

Yes, this trigger is getting executed because it has some value to assign based on the rule.

Pre/Post event are only required to execute the script.

So if you want to disable it you can move complete rule to 

And

.......Existing Rule................

ID==0

Hope this will help you.

Chirag Agarwal

Thats not a nice solution but I can accept it.

Hallo @elmar_pfeffe,

If i summarize this issue "You created a Trigger with some Rule and there is no js file only some assignment is there and you want to disable that trigger without impacting it ".... Am i right ? If Yes there can be two solution :-

1.) You can give some bad Rule that will never execute but in this case we are impacting our already defined Rule.

2.) Change Trigger Type to "Scheduled" and set frequency "Manual" and when you again change Trigger type to "Rule" it will automatically summarize your rule (No need to define Rule again or remember).

Hope it may help. Let me know in case of any clarification.

Grube,

Kapil 

Top Tags