cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to use a bat file link a checkpoint to task

wentao
4-Participant

How to use a bat file link a checkpoint to task

I want to use a bat file to link a checkpoint to a task "Attachment/Integration Links" part. Which command can I use?

I try to use I'm editissue --addsourcelink field=scmSourceFieldName

6 REPLIES 6
Leigh
Community Manager
(To:wentao)

Hi Wentao,

Can you confirm the product you are referring to you in your post?  Once you confirm, I can move your post to the appropriate product forum so that it is seen by the appropriate Community members who can help you with your question!

Thanks

Leigh

wentao
4-Participant
(To:Leigh)

Hi Leigh Sorry for the mistake, it's my first time to use this community yesterday. I want to ask question for integrity 11. Thanks.
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:wentao)

Hi wentao,

You may want to open a Support case for this, with the Integrity(Windchill RV&S) Support team.

What is your full syntax you're using?

The --addSourceLink=value info is documented here:

https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/integrity_hc/integrity112_hc/en/#page/IntegrityHelp%2Fim_editissue.html

Are you specifying any of the *revision values mentioned there?

wentao
4-Participant
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hi MichaelChatel

The tool I used we usually call it MKS and from start menu I see it name is Integrity LM client. We use this tool to archive source code and do SW integrity.

@echo off
im editissue --addSourceLink=field=scmSourceFieldName,devpath=CANoon_AsiaPacific_1.2.2,Revision=1.2.2.92 4041685

Above is my script. The link you give to me I already referred, but I have problem with what value should give to field. I don't understand the "scmSoureFieldName" means. Do you have any example for "editissue". By the way, I attach a document by use "im editissue --addAttachment" successfully for the task.

Thanks.

Did this work i have same problem

im editissue --addSourceLink=field=SourceLinkage,revision=1.1,server=<sever>, port=<port>,project=//project.pj,file=<finename.pdf> issue ID

Modifying item ...
Adding source links ...
Could not save modified item 776791: MKS755129: Invalid source link field type. Expected Source Link field without trace enabled for this operation.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:HS_8457422)

The command you are running is to populate a field of an item of a special type: Source Link.

In the example that returns "Could not save modified item 776791: MKS755129: Invalid source link field type. Expected Source Link field without trace enabled for this operation.", what you are told by the text I underlined is that you selected a field that is not a Source Link. Such fields can be of two subtypes, basically 1) simple link, or 2) source trace. Your field is of type 2 so cannot be used with this command. For such field, the command is "addSourceTrace".

In the original post, the question is about linking to a checkpoint (I assume of a CM project/subproject) and only Source Link (type 1) fields supports that, so the correct command is used.

In the subsequent question, it seems the fieldname "scmSoureFieldName" is provided as an indication that you need to provide a valid name of a real field of the proper type.

Look at the fields available for the item you are editing and find the Source Link field and use that name. If you don't have one, either have it created and added, otherwise you are trying to do something that is not possible in your system.

The help section you need is https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/integrity_hc/integrity112_hc/en/#page/IntegrityHelp%2Fclient_trace_source_traces_overview.mif-2.html%23.

Top Tags