cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

I need an example of the 'im edittype' command.

smccoy
1-Newbie

I need an example of the 'im edittype' command.

Hi...

I need an example of the 'im edittype' command that sets the "Override the global description" attribute in the 'Overrides for Fields' section for a field within a type. The 'im edittype -?' command provides no information and I was not able to find anything in the documentation regarding the command-line syntax for this.

Can someone provide and example, or send a link to the documentation that shows how to do this?

Thanks...

-Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wspadola
7-Bedrock
(To:smccoy)

Hi Sean,

Try this:

im editfield --overrideForType="TypeXYZ" --removeOverride=description "FieldXYZ"

Wes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Sean,

I think the following can help you:

im editfield --overrideForType="TypeXy" --description="Your Text" "FieldXy"

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I didn't phrase my question clearly.

I need the command-line syntax to remove the "check mark" to the "Override the global description" that is in the Admin Client UI.

The comment: im editfield --overrideForType="Defect" --description="" "Description" will blank out the description, but it will not remove the check box.

-Sean

wspadola
7-Bedrock
(To:smccoy)

Hi Sean,

Try this:

im editfield --overrideForType="TypeXYZ" --removeOverride=description "FieldXYZ"

Wes

Thanks, Wesley... That nailed it.

Top Tags