cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Including Documents

nborrerojr.
7-Bedrock

Including Documents

If a document was included into the incorrect target document, how do you remove it?

Also, when I was trying to find the answer to this in the Integrity help content, I found the below statement.

Document hierarchies do not need to be structured alike. For example, you can include a test document into a requirements document.

The section that it is in is titled To include a new or existing segment into a document from the GUI. Is this accurate? I thought documents have to have the same node type in order to include one into the other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Nolin,

The documents are related to each other through the References relationships which allow this functionality and do not necessarily need to be of the same node type.

If you want to change which Document Types are allowed to be included (as a new or existing segment) in this manner, have a look at the field called "References".

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello Nolin,

The documents are related to each other through the References relationships which allow this functionality and do not necessarily need to be of the same node type.

If you want to change which Document Types are allowed to be included (as a new or existing segment) in this manner, have a look at the field called "References".

Got it. I thought they had to be the same node type. That makes a bunch of other things easier for me. I've been battling that for like a week.

I can't directly access the References relationship. Is there any other way to remove an included document? Also, Is there a way to not include the first row where it creates a row for the document segment before all of the nodes?

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:wspadola)

Hi Wesley,

I'm a little bit confused.

At least in the past there was a very strict separation between the allowed types for includes/inserted Documents in the ALM solution.

As you state it, it would be technically possible and valid to mix Input, Requirement or Test "Sub-Documents" in a single let's say Specification Document.

To be honest I see no value in this feature .

Regards Matthias

Hi Wesley,

I got the same problem as Nolin. Is there any chance to remove falsely included documents from a target document?

Regards Christian

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ckumm)

Hello Christian,

1. Select the document node for the included or inserted document
  2. Use the menu gesture Content -> Delete (or hit the Delete key on your keyboard)
  3. Confirm the gesture in the Delete dialog by hitting Yes

I recommend converting included documents to inserted documents by selecting the document node and then selecting the menu gesture Content -> Toggle Insert/Include, since it makes it clearer that you are actually deleting the reference to the document, rather than some content in the sub-document.

I hope that helps,

-Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi Kael,

I tried all of your suggestions before and all I got was the following error message:

MKS148121: The field "Category" is constrained by the field(s) "Referenced Item Type", causing the value "SSS Document" to be invalid.

The problem is, that I couldn´t figure out how to edit the field "Referenced Item Type" in order to make it work. Changing the field "Category" didn´t help.

Regards,

Christian

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ckumm)

Hello Christian,

That's strange. Are you certain it's a document you are trying to delete? If so, please contact PTC Integrity Support, so that we can investigate this with you in more detail.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Kael,

I'm running into this again. The only way I am able to remove the document is to remove the category constraint. What is the proper way to do this? It doesn't seem like I should have to modify a constraint to do this.

Thanks,

Nolin

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:nborrerojr.)

Hi Nolin,

This seems strange to me as well. Could you open a ticket with PTC Integrity Lifecycle Management Support to investigate this issue?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags