cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Integrity Unix client setup

sgovindan
4-Participant

Integrity Unix client setup

Since the home directory is shared between the unix servers,  when i try to launch the client from one server while the client is opened with another server. Its throwing an error which says the client is already open.

I have a scenario that i need to connect from different servers simultaneously. Can someone please help me to setup the client to open in different servers simultaneously

5 REPLIES 5
tketz
4-Participant
(To:sgovindan)

Hi,

i'm not sure if i can help you...

Open IntegrityClientSite.rc and add in the last line:

IntegrityClient.port = 0

Maybe you have to define different homedirectory for every Client. There is an Enviromentvariable called:

MKS_IC_INSTANCE_DIR

Have a look at Knowledge Base Articles:

CS127990

CS83602

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

You need to explain your use case better. It is not clear if you're trying to run one client connected to two servers, or two instances of the client on one server.

If you're trying to connect one client to two servers (or even more), it's staightforward if you allow that in your client preferences. You don't need to run multiple clients just because you want to connect to multiple servers.

If you're trying to run two clients on the same server, I suspect there's something wrong with this use case and we need more details.

sgovindan
4-Participant
(To:LLawton)

Hi Laurent,

In my case, multiple client sessions from different servers should connect to the single server for the same user ID.

Reason behind this scenario is, for build purpose we use the single ID to run the build from different locations so if we close any session it will affect others so we designed to run without closing the open session as per PTC recommendation

We are using load balancer to select the servers in the build, so when the load balancer selects the alternate server due to open session in other server, its throwing an error in alternate server

Error:

./integrity: Failed to connect to Integrity Client. Ensure that another Integrity Client

is not running under the context of your configuration file (by default

.IntegrityClient.rc) and that the IntegrityClient.port specification is valid.

tketz
4-Participant

the error message looks like the aforementioned instantiation:

Have a look for the Environment variable MKS_IC_INSTANCE_DIR

CS196858

CS83602

You have to script your builds and give them different locations with the environment variable.

now you can start more instances from the same client on one machine.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

Hello Sathish,

Now we have a little more details with build servers, and open sessions, and a load balancer, and even PTC recommendations. But to me, this opens up many more questions. For example, could you run ten builds on the same (I'm assuming "build") server, and therefore ten clients? In other words, is the number of clients variable?

What this tells me is that this is not a simple question about opening multiple clients and this forum, in my opinion, is not the place to resolve it. You're designing a pretty sophisticated build system and should be talking to PTC Support or Consultants directly about it.

Top Tags