cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is distributed file vault system is possible in Integrity 10.8?

nhota-2
1-Newbie

Hello Team,

I got information from PTC document, Integrity 10.8 introduces File Vaulting functionality for Configuration Management files. File Vaulting allows store-by-reference revision contents to be stored on disk rather than in the database. This is useful for customers with a large volume of file contents to keep the overall database storage requirements low. You can use the Migrator tool to move the pre-existing revisions which are marked as reference, from the database to the file vault.

Could you please let me know is there any possibility to implement the distributed file vault system and let me know is any additional information require from my side.

Regards,

Niroj Hota

2 REPLIES 2
MSDV_Marcus
4-Participant
(To:nhota-2)

What do you mean by distributed file vault system ?  With 10.8 you can have only one file vault. So when the underlying file system is a distributed file system, than you can have a file vault on a distributed file system. But you should be aware of backup, restore SLAs and so on. Those will not allow endless growing file systems. Better would be several file vaults configurable via project policy in ILM.

Top Tags