cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Is there a way to exchange Problem Reports / Change Requests with external suppliers

vikramm
7-Bedrock

Is there a way to exchange Problem Reports / Change Requests with external suppliers

Requirements can be exchanged with customers / suppliers using IRC.

But is there a way to exchange tickets (PRs and CRs) with suppliers / customers?

6 REPLIES 6
JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:vikramm)

Hi,

not the most modern approach, but there is an Excel-Integration, with which you can do import/export/update Items in Integrity over excel-sheets. You could start here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS154958&language=en&posno=4&q=excel%20integration&ProductFamily=Integrity

Best regards, Jens

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:vikramm)

Hi @vikramm ,

I am not very sure but just a idea that you can think of , You can try to write a trigger that can export Issue(Here Problem Report / Change Request) using some API (may be im exportissues) and then can send the mail to supplier attaching that Attachment and you can decide the trigger to run on a specific event or may be scheduled trigger based on your use case and requirement.... 

Vielen Dank / Many Thanks

Kapil Jain

vikramm
7-Bedrock
(To:kjain-2)

Hi Kapil,

I appreciate your reply. Yes your proposal will work but again the external partner need to write another script to import into their RM tool (need not be PTC ILM).

I got to know that there are applications (agosense symphony) available in market for exchanging information across different RM platforms. 

Thanks,

Vikram M

With the current IRC product, I'm not aware of any way to do this, beyond the ideas mentioned by others here.

You may want to open a Support case, to ask what PTC's plans are, for IRC and OSLC (open services lifecycle collaboration), if any.  I know a lot of PTC products are wanting to go this route, but I can't say if IRC is on any path towards that, or not. 

Given IRC's purpose is to exchange requirements via RIF exchange, I highly doubt it.  But maybe the Integrity support team would have more info?

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:MichaelChatel)

OSLC is a good catchword. As far as I remember, in RV&S 12.4 or 12.5 OSLC will come for the change domain. But of course the tool on the other side has to support OSLC in the right way.

best regards, Jens

To my knowledge the defined exchange standard for such elements is:

https://www.asam.net/standards/detail/issue/

There are also tools at the market that can handle this format, and can exchange them with PTC ILM.

Just a comment.

Top Tags