cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

MKS 2009, SCC and the Windows 7 registry

rchamberlain
1-Newbie

MKS 2009, SCC and the Windows 7 registry

I am assisting a customer with the integration between IBM Rational Rhapsody and MKS 2009 and we have run into a problem with the UAC under Windows 7 which has resulted in the usual MKS keys being created under HKCR\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\.. rather than HKLM. Under older verions of Rhapsody which are not UAC aware, this is fine, but newer versions where the application manifest specifies a requestedExecutionLevel are unable to connect to MKS via SCC because they can not see in to the virtualised portion of the registry.

I am going to ask the client to reinstall Integrity 2009 but with UAC disabled at the time the registry is modified - but I need to understand when that is. So my question is, at what point do the following keys get created:

Mortice Kern Systems\Integrations\

Mortice Kern Systems\Integrations\SCC

Mortice Kern Systems\Integrations\SCC\Provider

..along with the string values for SccServerName, SccServerPath etc. Is it during the installation of the client, or when the SCC integration is first enabled from within the client? Unfortunately we do not have access to the Integrity softwares in order to find out the answer to the question ourselves.

Regards,

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan,

This is probably a little too involved to work on in the community forum. Please contact our support department and open a case so that we can help you solve this.

Thanks, I was able to get a good answer from Antje.

In case anyone else runs into this issue, the answer is that the registry values are set when enabling the SCC integration in the 2009 client and not at the time the client is installed. This means that a user needs to launch Integrity as administrator and then enable the SCC integration in order for the keys to get created under HKLM instead of HKCU.

This issue seems to exist in all versions up to 10.2 but it may or may not manifest itself under Windows Vista or Windows 7 depending on the local security policy of the machine in question, and the security priveledges of the user account. I can see that it might also affect other applications that connect with Integrity via SCC so it is something to watch out for.

Top Tags