cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

On document Level ,document owner is a field capturing current user who will create that document by trigger. And in content level of that document Assigned user is a field can control each content. How to accomplish that document owner can also edit or c

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

On document Level ,document owner is a field capturing current user who will create that document by trigger. And in content level of that document Assigned user is a field can control each content. How to accomplish that document owner can also edit or c

On document Level ,document owner is a field capturing current user who will create that document by trigger. And in content level of that document Assigned user is a field can control each content. How to accomplish that document owner can also edit or control all the content (Only assigned user can edit the content as of now but want to give permission to Document owner as well ). By trigger I know how to do , but is there any short method ?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kapil,

the document editability in the ALM solution is determined by the state model and a number of field values.

Further more we distiguish between Open, Restricted, and Closed state phases. All this is combined with a Change Management functionality where a Change Order opens or closes a document for editability.

Your request sounds like you are implementing something on top of these ALM settings, right?

Even though this is possible, it requires a detailed analyse of what is in use and how to avoid any negative affect. It's not a matter of 3 minutes only.

Are you using the ALM solution and do you use the mentioned state phases above?

Volker

Hi Volker,

Yes i am using ALM Solution and for previous implementation i gave system like this only assigned user or document owner for the respective doucment or content can edit only...

But generally document owner should also have control to all the content as well... ??

Or let me know i can send some screenshots on the same... 

Kapil

Top Tags