cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Problem tracing shared requirements

Eric1
1-Newbie

Problem tracing shared requirements

Hi all,

I am trying to do some trace analysis using a Python script that queries MKS using im commands. I'm running into some weirdness (probably from my lack of understanding) on some IDs. We have a top level Requirements document with three subordinate Requirements documents. Some of the text from the top level document is shared to the three lower level docs and one of the shared requirements is where I'm having the problem

I've shown the structure with some of the "im viewissue XXXX" data for the docs below. My problem is that the last one, 464438, shows four downstream traced documents ("Satisfied By") in the GUI but nothing from "im viewissue 464438". How do I get these "Satisfied By" links?

Thanks,

Eric

References: 82318xyz

Reference Mode: Author

Referenced Item Type: Shared Requirement

Shared By: 89425, 148417, 189358, 464438

Satisfied By:

Decomposes To: 189358, 148417, 464438

Trace Status: downstream

Reference Mode: Share

Satisfied By: 118905, 442438

Decomposed From: 25715

Trace Status: upstream downstream

Shared By:

Satisfied By: 118905, 442438

Shared By:

Trace Status: upstream downstream

Satisfied By:

Trace Status: upstream

Shared By:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric1
1-Newbie
(To:Eric1)

Hi,

We refreshed our sandbox copy of our database and now it is working properly. I'm confident that there was a problem of some sort since the program I'm writing stumbled on it and I confirmed by manually sending the commands. But since I can't replicate the problem I'll close the question (but feel free to comment if it rings a bell for anyone).

Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric1
1-Newbie

Hi,

We refreshed our sandbox copy of our database and now it is working properly. I'm confident that there was a problem of some sort since the program I'm writing stumbled on it and I confirmed by manually sending the commands. But since I can't replicate the problem I'll close the question (but feel free to comment if it rings a bell for anyone).

Eric

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Eric,

If you do manage to reproduce this, please contact Integrity Support, so that we can attempt to diagnose the problem and resolve any defects.

Regards,
Kael Lizak

Technical Support Engineer

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags