cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Question about scripting and accessing properties of 'Admin Types'.

smccoy
1-Newbie

Question about scripting and accessing properties of 'Admin Types'.

Hi,

Can someone provide a script example that reads properties from the 'MKS Solution' item type?

We have the need to add some of our own global properties that would alter some of the conditional-logic in our scripts. The 'MKS Solution' is a singleton and already has many properties that apply to the entire solution. So it seems like using our own custom properties in the the 'MKS Solution' would best fit the design/architecture that exists.

In addition, could these properties be updated from script? For an application like this, we would make use of some 'lazy initialization" logic in our scripts to handle the situations where these properties might be missing (like during an upgrade to a new version of Integrity).

-Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:smccoy)

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the late response. I'm in the office right now, so I'm doing this from memory and a quick scan of the 10.6 Admin CLI reference.

I don't have an actual script for you, but I believe the commands you would want to use in such a script are im viewtype --showproperties to have the properties available to be parsed, and im edittype --setproperty to change the values of a property.

As a note, be aware that even slight typographical errors can mess up many or all of your properties, since they are stored as one continuous string, so I would recommend making a dump of properties before doing extensive revisions of them.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:smccoy)

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the late response. I'm in the office right now, so I'm doing this from memory and a quick scan of the 10.6 Admin CLI reference.

I don't have an actual script for you, but I believe the commands you would want to use in such a script are im viewtype --showproperties to have the properties available to be parsed, and im edittype --setproperty to change the values of a property.

As a note, be aware that even slight typographical errors can mess up many or all of your properties, since they are stored as one continuous string, so I would recommend making a dump of properties before doing extensive revisions of them.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags