cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Re-import IIF file, document being imported should not overrides the document in Integrity

ptc-4483298
1-Newbie

Re-import IIF file, document being imported should not overrides the document in Integrity

Hi,

I am currently using the IFF (Item Interchange Format).
In fact I have a Test Suite in Integrity with different levels (with test cases and Test Suites included).

I succeed in exporting my Test Suite in IIF format with the field I need, and I succed in parsing it to keep only Test Cases with a specific category.

So at this moment I have an XML file and for instance I modify some fields in this file.
Then I want to re-import it in Integrity. So I parsed it into an IIF file.

But as I keep only Test Cases with a specific category when I parsed it into an IIF file, I have lost the hierarchy of my Test Suite. And when I want to reimport the data which were updated, Integrity wants to erase the previous hierachy of my Test Suite. But what I want is only to update in the hierachy the Test Cases of the Test Suite that I am trying to reimport.

I try to configure the mapping file by using the property owner like that :

<set-property name="owner" value="internal"/>

But the document being imported overrides the document in Integrity which should be the contrary withe the value internal.

If someone has understand my problem and has an explanation, it will be great

Thank you

Nico

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4483298)

Hello Nico,

I think you have done the following:

1. Exported a Test Suite document to IFF
  2. Modified the XML to remove Test content you are not modifying
  3. Imported the modified IFF back into Integirty
  4. Found that the structure of the modified Test Suite has changed

I suspect this is as designed, because when you import or export a document, you are doing that with the entire document, not just the content in it! In other words, changing the document structure before you import will change the document structure within.

Instead of stripping out the content to prevent it from being modified in some other interface/by scripts, change your interface/script so that the only content that should be modified does get modified.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags