cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Searching im-Command to export all objects of a project as .csv or xlsx

sklemm
5-Regular Member

Searching im-Command to export all objects of a project as .csv or xlsx

Hi, I'm searching an im-command to export all objects (concerns, documents, etc. ) of an Integrity-Project from Workflow&Documents.

Any comments ?

BR Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tketz
4-Participant
(To:KaelLizak)

Hi Stephan,

i think you can do the 3 steps from Kael Lizak in only one (for batch or custom command):

im exportissues --fieldFilter="Project=/<projectName>" --queryDefinition=...

there are also options for the outputfile, substitute parameters, displayed fields, ...

Hope it helps

Best Regards,

Tobias

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:sklemm)

Hi Stephan Klemm,

Sorry for the late response.  I was hoping I could find something better than what I'm about to suggest:

1. Create a query to return item types, returning only the types you care about (or no type filter if you really want everything).  Alternatively, you can supply a query definition in the following step instead of a named query, but I'll work on the assumption you're using a named query, and the next step can be modified appropriately for supplying a query definition.
  2. From the command line, you can run the command im issues --filedFilter="Project=/<projectName> --query=[<userName>:]<queryName>, and redirect that to a temporary file with a list of item IDs.  Values between '<>' are place holders, '[]' indicates an optional argument.
  3. Use the output of 2. as the selection file for the command im viewissue -F <selectionFile>, and redirect that output to another file, which will have the information you are looking for.  You may want to pass additional arguments to im viewissue, such as --[no]showRelationships, --[no]showWorkflow, --[no]showHistory, and other such options, to control the exact output for each item type.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
tketz
4-Participant

Hi Stephan,

i think you can do the 3 steps from Kael Lizak in only one (for batch or custom command):

im exportissues --fieldFilter="Project=/<projectName>" --queryDefinition=...

there are also options for the outputfile, substitute parameters, displayed fields, ...

Hope it helps

Best Regards,

Tobias

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:tketz)

Hi Tobias Ketz‌,

If history, workflow (state transitions), and other similar information aren't necessary for the export, then you're right, im exportissues is much cleaner and more efficient!  Thanks for bringing this up, I'd forgotten about it.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
AA_10068941
4-Participant
(To:tketz)

Hi

Could you please help me how query definition means?

AA_10068941
4-Participant

Hi

Could you please help me, how to export work products into excel using project name and document id?

I didnt get the im issues --filedFilter="Project=/<projectName> --query=[<userName>:]<queryName>, the query part.

Thanks in advance

AA_10068941
4-Participant

Hi

Could someone help me to export without using query, ie im exportissues --fields=Text,ID,Category,State Item ID?

When I tried, I only get single row of cotent.

Thanks in advance

Top Tags