cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Source: Detect timestamp of update member revision

ssaul
15-Moonstone

Source: Detect timestamp of update member revision

A user updated the member revision of several members in the wrong development path.

Is it possible to compare the actual project to the project at a certain timestamp (f.e. 2 hours ago) without having a project checkpoint?

Is the update member timestamp logged?

We do not want to expand the audit log for this.

We are not using change packages in this project.

Si mods seems to show only changes to a certain project revision or label, not to a certain timestamp.

Thanks and regards,

Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:ssaul)

Hi Stephan,

What version of Integrity are you using?  As of Integrity 10.7, you can use the asof option, with si mods, for timestamp based info, but I think you would still only be able to compare between a checkpoint and current working project, if you don't have another checkpoint in there?  I'm not 100% sure on the version either, as we introduced some of these changes as early as 10.6 too, but in smaller chunks, and it depends if you're trying to use it via CLI or GUI.

I was thinking along the lines of:

• Run si mods --user=USER --password=PASSWORD -P /path/to/project.pj -r asof:"INTERVAL_START_TIMESTAMP" > StartOut.txt
  • Run si mods --user=USER --password=PASSWORD -P /path/to/project.pj -r asof:"INTERVAL_END_TIMESTAMP" > EndOut.txt

But it may not be what you're looking for, if you even have an applicable Integrity version.  You may want to open a Support case for this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

Hi Stephan,

What version of Integrity are you using?  As of Integrity 10.7, you can use the asof option, with si mods, for timestamp based info, but I think you would still only be able to compare between a checkpoint and current working project, if you don't have another checkpoint in there?  I'm not 100% sure on the version either, as we introduced some of these changes as early as 10.6 too, but in smaller chunks, and it depends if you're trying to use it via CLI or GUI.

I was thinking along the lines of:

• Run si mods --user=USER --password=PASSWORD -P /path/to/project.pj -r asof:"INTERVAL_START_TIMESTAMP" > StartOut.txt
  • Run si mods --user=USER --password=PASSWORD -P /path/to/project.pj -r asof:"INTERVAL_END_TIMESTAMP" > EndOut.txt

But it may not be what you're looking for, if you even have an applicable Integrity version.  You may want to open a Support case for this.

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hi Michael,

thanks for your answer.

We are (still) using Integrity 10.5, so no asof: feature available yet.

I have opened a support case as I am not sure either if asof: really uses the specified date or only the neares project checkpoint. The documentation is not really clear about this.

kthierer
11-Garnet

Just wanted to mention that for such a restore use case there might be restore information resp. hints in other unsynced sandboxes as well.

By doing a "private sandbox snapshot" with something like

si sandboxinfo > USER1_SB.txt

REM also remember modification times of .pj files just in case this is reliable

dir /S *.pj >> USER1_SB.txt

si viewsandbox >> USER1_SB.txt

you should at least be able to reveal were and how working revision numbers differ from member revision numbers.

Such a "private sandbox snapshot" would of course have the best quality if the user that caused the problem

would have done this before updating member revisions.

If the last checkpoint is not to old:

it should be also possible to manually identify members that performed "tree hopping" resp. are not on the same branch anymore.

with 'si mods'-options like

-r 1.2.1.7 --devpath=DEVPATH_NAME

HTH Jürgen

Top Tags