cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Unable to get Virtual row after creating a new document type

SukanyaMahto
6-Contributor

Unable to get Virtual row after creating a new document type

Hi, 

I am trying to create a new Type in RV&S. Steps I performed to create the new type:

New Type (similar to Input Domain): Need Document, Need, Shared Need 

Step 1: Created new fields (as required)

Steps 2: Create Shared Need (created a copy of "Shared Input" type), made other changes to shared need like document model, added new attribute to visible field and presentation template, etc

Steps 3: Create Need (created a copy of "Input" type), made other changes to shared need like document model, constraints, added new attribute to visible field and presentation template, etc

Steps 4: Create Need Document (created a copy of "Input Document" type), made other changes to shared need like document model, constraints, added new attribute to visible field and presentation template, etc

Step 5: Configured the relationships (Need , Need Document to Project, Requirement, Change Order, Defect, etc)

After following all the above steps, I tried creating a Need Document. However when it opens the Document view, it doesn't allow me to add any Need content underneath.

PTC suggested following. However I can't understand where exactly to apply the rule

• Item Editability of (field["References"] != "") prevents any edit until a Shared item gets related on first Save
    • Above rule should be adjusted in order to get the virtual node editable e.g. ((item is content) and (item is node))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all, 

This issue has been resolved. So basically there was a configuration issue. One of the fields was accidently set to non-editable and was made as a mandatory field during "Unspecified" to "Open" state transition.

Fixed the issue by overriding the field during type creation.

Thanks and Regards

Sukanya Mahto

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I assume after creating a copy you have toggled the data model to reflect the correct node & shared node definition?

Which version of the product are you using?

Regards

Kartik

DocModel.png

Hi Kartik, 

Thank you for your response. Yes, I did update the document model with the new types. Please refer below the screenshots with the details.

Screenshot5.png

Screenshot6.png

Screenshot7.png

Screenshot8.png

Thanks and Regards

Sukanya Mahto

Hi all, 

This issue has been resolved. So basically there was a configuration issue. One of the fields was accidently set to non-editable and was made as a mandatory field during "Unspecified" to "Open" state transition.

Fixed the issue by overriding the field during type creation.

Thanks and Regards

Sukanya Mahto

Top Tags