cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

User date type field and Relevance

evelasquez
1-Newbie

User date type field and Relevance

Hi, We' use MKS 2009.  We have a Item that has a User data type field that needs to be relevant (visible) when a Pick data type field is set to Yes.  The Pick data type has no default value and the User data type field is populated with the members of a Group.  The issue is that regardless of the status of the Item, when the Pick data type field is set to Yes, the caption (Text) of the User data type field is shown but not the field itself.  The field is shown only after the change is saved and the Item edited.  See attached.  Is this normal?  Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, As a work-around I made the Pick data type field Yes to show the User data type field by default. That worked but I couldn't save the Item due to an error. I then removed the Requires QA = Yes from the Editability condition (Requires QA = Yes And State != Closed) and all is good now. Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, As a work-around I made the Pick data type field Yes to show the User data type field by default. That worked but I couldn't save the Item due to an error. I then removed the Requires QA = Yes from the Editability condition (Requires QA = Yes And State != Closed) and all is good now. Thanks,

Eduardo,

The way I understand it is you would have to save it first so the changes take affect.  Thus making the field QA Assigner User editable.

Hi Daniel, Well. Not really. You can dynamically make the field relevant/ visible for editing before saving the Item. I had done it before with a LongText data type field but this time was a User data type and when it failed to make relevant/ visible I thought Integrity handled it differently but it wasn't, it was due to the Requires QA = Yes condition on Editability which it really didn't have to be there, State != Closed was enough.

Top Tags