cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

compiling service programs in alphabetic order instead of referential scope

sdamery
1-Newbie

compiling service programs in alphabetic order instead of referential scope

Implementer seems to compile modules then service programs in alphabetic order instead of referential scope order.

If I have module A with Service program A and then module B which uses a service procedure in Service program A and is used to create service program B.

If I make modifications to both modules then promote them together Implementer tries to compile the modules A and B first in alphabetical order, then tries to create the service programs, also in alphabetical order....what if A required a new procedure from B? It would fail being compiled in alphabetical order.

If one object references another (Example B uses A) then shouldn't implementer figure that out and compile B before A? and if Service B uses Service A then shouldn't Service A with module A get created first then Module B and service program B? within 1 promotion?

I don't see this happening, what is wrong here?

1 REPLY 1

That functionality does not yet exist. But we do have an SPR created to handle something like that - SPR 5342470.

I have created a support case for this and have attached it to that SPR so you will automatically be notified when it becomes available for download.

Top Tags