cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

export gateway template  >> exporting a field value of an upstream item <%{Validates:item .....

dremmers
10-Marble

export gateway template  >> exporting a field value of an upstream item <%{Validates:item .....

Hi PTC Community,

we are currently hustling while trying to adapt our gateway template.

Any help regarding to the problem written in the caption is highly appreciated.

At the moment we could only achieve to export the ID of a upward traced item – but not any other field value of this item of another hierarchy level.

The code <%{Validates}key=item field value (for instance “Assigned User”"%> or <%{Validates:item field value%> did not work.

All the best and regards

Daniel Remmers

Bausch & Lomb Technolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Daniel,

you are right, in Integrity Standard Gateway you cant export any field from another item level directly.

Option 1:

If the relationship is single only, then you can use a FVA field.

Option 2:

You can use Java and the so called Custom Gateway extension to retrieve any data in a standartized way.  This is a local customization which overloads the Gateway Post function, in which you can retrieve any data from everywhere.

Let me know if you need more details ....

Regards, Volker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Daniel,

you are right, in Integrity Standard Gateway you cant export any field from another item level directly.

Option 1:

If the relationship is single only, then you can use a FVA field.

Option 2:

You can use Java and the so called Custom Gateway extension to retrieve any data in a standartized way.  This is a local customization which overloads the Gateway Post function, in which you can retrieve any data from everywhere.

Let me know if you need more details ....

Regards, Volker

Hello Volker,

thanks alot for your help and shared knowledge!

Unfortunately that FVA would be mulitvalued. Therefore option 2 is the only possibility to achieve our goal.

I would be grateful to know where to obtain this mentioned Custom Gateway extension.

Best regards

Daniel (My Xing)

Top Tags