cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

[im trigger] how to set and remove single field-values in ibpl- or picklists by a trigger

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

[im trigger] how to set and remove single field-values in ibpl- or picklists by a trigger

Hi @all,

we need to change single values of an IBPL-field via trigger. Normally i would read the whole content of this field, change this content within the script (i.e. adding or removing issues) and after this put the whole (new) content into the field by setFieldValue. But in our actual usecase this doesnt work, because the item is in a state, in which some of the existent fieldvalues must not be added as new.

So i need to explicitly add or remove only this single value without changing all the other content of the field. How can i do this via trigger? I know some similar function for relationship fields (addRelatedIssues or removeRelatedIssues), but it seems that there is no equivalent for other field-types?

Thanks, Jens

2 REPLIES 2
cdoyle
7-Bedrock
(To:JensN.)

Unfortunately Jens, you are correct; there is no way to incrementally change values within a Pick field or an IBPL field via the trigger framework.  For that matter, there is no way to incrementally change values within a Pick field or an IBPL field via the CLI or the API either; those features have been long-standing RFCs with PTC, and before that, MKS.

All you can do is post an enhancement request, I guess.

Regards, Colin

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:cdoyle)

Thanks Colin Doyle‌, for this info. Kael Lizak‌ or Jeremy Gorsline‌ (or any other PTC-employee) , could you please look at your database to tell me a case number or a rfc number? I would like to add our company to this rfc then...

BTW: this again is a sign that the whole list of rfc's should be open to the public, or at least to all customers.

kind regards, Jens

Top Tags