cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

pass an ID to a batch file via url?

mbohanon
1-Newbie

pass an ID to a batch file via url?

Hello,

I am attempting to create a custom actions via hyperlink that are embeded within an item. I would like to try this for creating, modifing, and viewing items in the gui.

Setup durring initialization:

var link = "file://<host>/Integrity/IntegrityServer10/data/public_html/newissue.cmd?"+db.getID();

File run from server contains:

im copyissue --type="Issue" --linkToField="Issues relationship" --gui %1

What would be the correct way to pass an ID to a batch file via url?

Is there a way to get the MKSSI_ISSUE0? I haven't had luck with that either via url.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My last message was assuming that you were working with the web client, which may not be the case.

The problem that you are going to run into is that the MKSSI_ISSUE0 environment variable is not available from Integrity, but it is available externally (if set cmd.exe to run from a custom action in a viewset and run 'set' in at the prompt, you will get your Integrity variables, including MKSSI_ISSUE0.) You can access these variables from a batchfile which should hopefully help you develop the proper URL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark,

Most of the ways to link to Integrity items are documented in this article:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS119067

My last message was assuming that you were working with the web client, which may not be the case.

The problem that you are going to run into is that the MKSSI_ISSUE0 environment variable is not available from Integrity, but it is available externally (if set cmd.exe to run from a custom action in a viewset and run 'set' in at the prompt, you will get your Integrity variables, including MKSSI_ISSUE0.) You can access these variables from a batchfile which should hopefully help you develop the proper URL.

Top Tags