cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

threads or parallel processing of trigger scripts

ptc-5701675
1-Newbie

threads or parallel processing of trigger scripts

Hello all,

my problem:

I create four trigger for different reports. Every trigger need approximately 4 hours. Now i start all trigger on the same time but the trigger will work sequentially. Ther are a possibility to start all trigger at the same time?

With the normal settings it this not possible.

For any help I'm thankful.

M. Hiersche

2 REPLIES 2
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5701675)

Hello Mr. Hiersche,

You are correct that scheduled triggers must be run sequentially. There is an RFC to work around that. Please open a ticket with PTC Integrity Support.

In theory, there are ways you could work around this limitation, depending on what it is that you want to do. As part of your ticket, I would suggest discussing in more detail what your reports are trying to accomplish, since triggers that take a long time to run might be indicative of room for performance tuning improvements to your Integrity application server, or possibly your database.

If you could explain in more detail what these reports and triggers are trying to accomplish, someone in this forum might have a clever idea that might help you out as well.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

For future reference, the enhancement request is for RFC 131774, and is associated with article CS86929.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags