cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

10.1 Installed?

ptc-4455604
2-Guest

10.1 Installed?

Has anyone successfully installed 10.1 F000 and/or 10.1 M010?

6 REPLIES 6

Yes I have installed both versions of 10.1, Oracle DB. Also installed 10.1-F000 MSSQL DB.

Hi Laura,

Yes - Motorola has successfully installed WPA 10.1 F000. We performed an upgrade from 10.0 in December.

We have not yet implemented the Conflict Minerals spec, we'll be doing that in a couple of weeks.

Anahid

Hi Anahid,

Did you encounter any problems/issues? I essentially had an 'empty' database (my production environment) and was at 10.0 M010. I know I could open WPA in IE but nothing was loaded or updated that I can remember. I Upgraded to 10.1 F000 and then 10.1 M010 and the directives (ROHS, REACH, JIG) and custom specs got all messed up. Thought it was an index issue but checked the MS SQL tables and what I saw in interface was what was in tables. So.... I am in the process of starting again with a new empty db and a new install (not upgrade). I was just wondering if there were any bumps along the way.

Laura

Apparently 10.1 F000 has new substances which have been added to OOTB WPA. These have been assigned substance category IDs in the 1000 range... guess what substance category ID range my custom specifications are using???

Hi Laura,

I checked on this with development. Unfortunately the restrictions have not been documented. Sorry about this.

WPA uses Substance Category IDs 1-2000 internally and we also have reserved 9000-9100 for special BOMCheck support.

For custom specs it would be ok to use ids in the range 5000-8999.

I will make sure that this is documented in the appropriate places, so that this informatrion actually reaches the customer.

Ernst

Thanks!

Announcements

Top Tags