cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

9.1 M050 or M060

gkemner
1-Newbie

9.1 M050 or M060

Trying to decide if would should upgrade our 9.0 installation to M050 or
M060 of 9.1

Has anyone upgraded to M060 yet? Have you run into any problems, bugs,
issues with the operation of the software? Are there any major known
issues with M050 to watch out for? Recommendations?

I will post a summary.

Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6
ShawnLothrop
4-Participant
(To:gkemner)

Desktop and Office Integration, DTI, in 9.1 M050 has issues. DTI on Windows 64bit doesn't work. PTC released a large patch for DTI a few weeks ago and it's been running well since. We'll be testing M060 next week after the release of the Workgroup Managers. I'll let you know how it goes.

-- Shawn

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

We're looking at M060 closely. It has several things in the core code for which we now have patches.
Attached is the summary from PTC's website, from M040 to M060 (no editing).

And the WorkGroup Manager for Solidworks is supposed to work too.
Mike
ShawnLothrop
4-Participant

Yes, the Solidworks Workgroup Manager works well in 9.1 M050. We us it daily along with a number of customers. In M040 or earlier their or known issues, but you can get a patch from PTC to fix the problems.

-- Shawn

Hello Shawn

Can you give more details about the patch for DTI? I thought DTI did not work on 64 bit in M040 and there is a patch for M040. Is there a patch for M050 too?

Thanks.

Tony

In Reply to Shawn Lothrop:

Desktop and Office Integration, DTI, in 9.1 M050 has issues. DTI on Windows 64bit doesn't work. PTC released a large patch for DTI a few weeks ago and it's been running well since. We'll be testing M060 next week after the release of the Workgroup Managers. I'll let you know how it goes.

-- Shawn

ShawnLothrop
4-Participant

Your correct. M040 did not support 64 bit DTI upon its release, however, there is a patch to add support for 64 bit DTI to M040. We had a customer who used the M040 patch for a few weeks and it worked well. M050 was the first release of PDMLink 9.1 to include support for 64 bit DTI in the main codebase, but it didn't work. The 64 bit DTI in M050 failed to work with an upgrade from M040 and from a fresh install. The 64 bit DTI will install on a client but error 0x2F000010 is thrown when working with existing documents and adding new documents. SPR 2005808 documents the issue. PTC released a patch for M050 about 4 weeks ago to correct a number of DTI issues. We have a few customers running on MO50 with the DTI patch and the 64 bit DTI is working well. We're starting to test the DTI in M060 with Office 2010.

-- Shawn

Top Tags