cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

A possible fix for the 9.1 text truncation

sdrzewiczewski
7-Bedrock

A possible fix for the 9.1 text truncation

After Antonio's presentation from PTC/User this year, I was able to apply some of his slides to address an issue that our users have been complaining about since we moved from 9.0 to 9.1. That is around the truncation of the text and having to hover over a column to see a Comment, or a long Name field.

The solution that we came up with and is still being tested and is not guarnteed, is the following

create a .css file and store some place in the codebase folder. (in our case codebase\netmarkets\jsp\iRobot\<filename.css>

in that file i put the following lines

.jstdotspan { display:none; width:0;white-space:normal;height:auto;}
.cell_long_text_width{white-space:normal;height:auto;}
.cell_long_text{white-space:normal;height:auto;}
.tablecolumnheaderfont{white-space:normal;height:auto;}
.pplabel{white-space:normal;height:auto;}
.jsttextcell{white-space:normal;overflow: visible; height:auto;}
.jsttdt {white-space:normal;overflow:visible;height:auto;}
.jsttdt div {overflow:visible;}
.jstdtbody tr{height:auto;}

Then in codebase\netmarkets\jsp\util\begin.jspf

add the following line of code

<link rel="stylesheet" href="&lt;folder" location=" of=" css=" file=">/<filename.css>" type="text/css"></link>

right before the </head>

Save the file and restart Windchill.

I've tested this with Firefox, Chrome and IE. IE 8 works well, IE 6 doesn't like to change the height after you resize a column width.

If you do use this and find any errors or additional modifications, please share back with the community.

2 REPLIES 2

minor correction... instead of editing begin.jspf, you can just put the line of code in

begin_custom.jspf instead.

adding it to the begin_custom.jspf didn't work, i think because the <filename>.css wasn't the last .css file read in.

Top Tags