cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ATTRIBUTE CONSTRAINT CONDITION

ChiselnMallet
6-Contributor

ATTRIBUTE CONSTRAINT CONDITION

Hello All,

I am just having  a hard time understanding if Windchill can do what I need.  Perhaps it can I'm just not understanding the method.

I have attributes "MAKE_BUY" and "MFG".  I would like the value of "Make_Buy" drive the Value of "MFG"

If Make_BUY = M then MFG = "XXXX" (string)

If Make_Buy = B then MFG = (list of about 8 string values).

Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:ChiselnMallet)

Hi!

Did you ever get this working? I'm having a hard time with something similar currently and puzzled about the disclaimers such as:

• https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS295057:
    • "Note:- The functionality of adding and editing attribute constraint conditions is not available on the following types in Windchill PDMLink 11.1 M010:
      Part, Document, Change Notice, Change Request, Problem Report, Promotion Request and Variance." 
      • At least in 11.0 M030 you're able to add these to Problem Report in Type and Attribute Management, but does the above mean that in 11.1 all of a sudden you can't..?
  • Help Center:
    • "Conditions are not currently reflected in the end-user user interface. Therefore, even if you set up conditions in the Type and Attribute Management utility, they have no effect on the end-user user interface. Enhancements are planned to close this gap in a future Windchill release."

• So if you do it, it's of no use anyway? What?   😄
OliverDroop
12-Amethyst
(To:HJ1)

Since 11.0 this is possible by cascading attribute functionality https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs285111

I addressed this type of problem by writing a Listener. The listener detects the attempted storage of the object and runs custom code that checks the attributes’ values. If the desired values can be determined using logic they are set automatically. Otherwise, they are checked for complying with standards. If the values don’t comply an exception is thrown which informs the user of the problem as well as informing them how to fix it.
Works quite well.
Top Tags