cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

About Aphelion and LDAP backup WNC8.0

aakolkar
4-Participant

About Aphelion and LDAP backup WNC8.0

Dear fellow Windchill System Administrators,

We are on WNC 8.0 M030 and have taken backup of LDAP successfully using the following in the windchill shell:

• windchill com.infoengine.util.LDAPExport -dir F:\ptc\Windchill_8.0 -ldiffile G:\Name of location folder\desired_name.ldif

Target Branch LDAP backup:-

• windchill com.infoengine.util.LDAPExport -dir F:\ptc\Windchill_8.0 -ldiffile G:\LDAP_Backup_250416\SM_Target_LDAP_Backup_250416.ldif -reldn "dc=in"

QUESTION:Please let me know if Aphelion backup is necessary apart from the above LDAP backup.

Am aware that WNC8 uses aphelion for user & password management with LDAP as the protocol and Windchill10.0 onwards everything is based on - Windchill Directory Service.

Thanks,

~Amol

Alicon Group(Atlas Castalloys)Pune,India

3 REPLIES 3
aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:aakolkar)

Please let me know if there are any inputs..

Thanks,

Amol

Silicon Meadows Design Ltd.

The target config branch has just the confg information like query delegates for IE. You need to export the entire LDAP for a successful restore point. Use the below command to take a complete Aphelion export. R:\usr\sbin\lde\export -c "root" --f R:\usr\var\lde\PTCLdap\PTCLdap_lde.conf. This will export the entire root branch. It is good practice to  sync this backup with Oracle backup

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic

aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:BineshKumar1)

Hi Binesh,

Thank you for your input!

The export.exe in our Windchill installation is of 0KB and if we run it in we get the following error:

Folks!- Please let me know if Aphelion backup is necessary apart from the above LDAP backup.

Thanks,

Amol

Top Tags