1. While connected to the WC server, set a Workspace to be available "Offline", then
2. While DIS-connected from the WC server, access and edit the contents of that Offline Workspace Local Cache, then
3. When RE-connected to the WC server, perform a synchronize/upload/check-in to get the modified contents the Offline Workspace Local Cache up to the WC server.
Despite following the Windchill Help precisely, I can not access the Offline Workspace Local Cache when DIS-connected from the WC server.
Is anybody able to achieve this? If so, are you haveing to do anything beyond what is described in the Windchill Help on this topic? (BTW, the Windchill Help topic is named "About Offline Workspace Functionality" in case the link above doesn't work for you.)
Side note: Our one user who really needs this functionality has his own stand-alone ProE license thus he can successfully launch ProE without the need to talk to our main PTC License Server which also happens to host our WC installation and CAD file vaults.
Based on the link you provided, I assume you're using 10.2. I recently tested this functionality with 10.2 and Creo Parametric 2.0 and it worked as expected. Think of "Offline" access being that you are still have Creo "Connected" to the Windchill server but you don't have network access - the intent is to be network disconnected but still working as if you were.
1) Take both the workspace AND the server "offline" in that sequence? (After setting the offline setting for the workspace, if you right-mouse click on the server name in the Server Management dialog and check the "Work Offline..." check-box, you will get a synchronize dialog box. This is a nicer process than just pulling the network cable and ensures synchronization)?
2) Keep Creo connected to the same Active workspace and server (In other words, don't select "<no server=">" but keep the same server active that you took offline)?
3) In Creo, simply browse the "Workspace" (you should see the same files listed that were there before)?
Kevin Schoonover Principal Application Architect PTC Global Services -<">mailto:->