cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Access to Item Thumbnail

jer3d1
1-Newbie

Access to Item Thumbnail

Gurus,

I have a need to export a structure of items from Windchill.
It would be nice to include the jpg thumbnail of these objects with the rest of the meta-data.

Does anyone know if this possible?
Inside a report?
Using the URL syntax?
Etc?

Thank you,
Jered

5 REPLIES 5
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:jer3d1)

Use a Windchill Package. Include Published Viewables.

[cid:image001.png@01CFAA40.83731560]
jer3d1
1-Newbie

I appreciate this Mike,

Perhaps I should have been more clear.

This request is for an electronic process that will be formatting and publishing product structure data. It would be nice to include the viewable jpg if it were available. I am curious to know if anyone has a report or method (URL or DB / vault scheme) to identify the jpg of the viewable that I can access it.

It is reasonable to the project to retrieve the viewables with a call to the system per item, unfortunately, it is probably not going to be feasible to parse through a zipped package.

Jered

Hi Jared, I'm not sure how familiar you are with packages but they certainly provide much more than just a zipped dump of data files. They will produce an external webpage front end (kind of a report) for accessing and reviewing all data (offline) based on the WTParts (if used). It's not perfect but it does some neat things depending on your needs. Worth digging into at least.

[cid:image001.gif@01CF7046.C96AB930]

Stephen Vinyard
Business Development Manager/Solution Architect
jer3d1
1-Newbie

Thank you Steve,

Yes, packages are very convenient. (We use them here.)

I am looking to find out if anyone would be willing to share a method to retrieve the jpg thumbnail from a Windchill object programmatically for an automated process I am developing.

Because my process is automated and the structure is dynamic, it will likely be more feasible to retrieve this data directly from Windchill than it would be from an offline data set such as a package.

Thank you,
Jered

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

I have some SQL... Does this help?

I am actually working on this SQL right now. I want to modify it to get all instances if epm.cadname is a generic. Since I've exposed this code to the rest of you, feel free to give me ideas! 🙂

--For CAD Documents Representation get the Physical Content
select
ad.filename "Actual File Name",
AD.ROLE,
ad.filesize "File Size",
fvm.path "Vault Path",
to_char (fv.UNIQUESEQUENCENUMBER, '0000000000000X') "Vault File Name",
edm.cadname "Cad File Name",
edm.name "Name",
edm.documentnumber "Number",
ed.versionida2versioninfo "Revision",
ed.iterationida2iterationinfo "Iteration",
-- di.cadpartname,
di.defaultrepresentation "Default Representation",
di.name "Visualization Name"
from
epmdocument ed,
derivedimage di,
holdertocontent htc,
applicationdata ad,
epmdocumentmaster edm,
fvitem fv,
fvfolder fvf,
fvmount fvm
where
fv.ida2a2 = ad.ida3a5
and fvf.ida2a2= fv.ida3a4
and fvm.ida3a5= fvf.ida2a2
and ad.ida2a2 = htc.ida3b5
and di.ida2a2 = htc.ida3a5
and ed.ida2a2 = di.ida3a6
and ed.ida3masterreference = edm.ida2a2
-- and di.defaultrepresentation = 1 --Uncomment to return only default representations
and (edm.cadname like '09-p9999.prt' OR edm.cadname like '09-p.prt')--Uncomment to return specific cad file name
and ed.LATESTITERATIONINFO=1
-- and ad.filename like '%plt' --Uncomment to search for specific file extension (.plt for drawing and pvs for 3d)
order by
edm.cadname,
ed.versionida2versioninfo,
ed.iterationida2iterationinfo,
ad.filesize

Top Tags