cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Add Attachemnts Java Applet error

krichardson
1-Newbie

Add Attachemnts Java Applet error

WC 9.1 M040

I get an occasional error that maybe someone in the group can shed some light on.

I have been loading up document (wtDocuments) and need to add a document as an attachment to the existing document. Sometimes, when activating the Attachments function, the applet will throw a Java error. Consequently, I get a null error across the current Product that only resolves by stopping and starting the services. I had a PTC ticket on this (C11260975). The PTC tech recommended several Java and browser settings; however I am still experiencing the issue.

The last time this happened, apparently the database did not come up correctly propagating a host of database table space errors. I don’t have all that technical details, but I do know that our DBA now has grey hair. And out WC system admin would like me to get this error solved, something about system integrity and not corrupting our production PDM system and all that. 🙂

Thanks in Advance ~ Kathy

4 REPLIES 4

Kathy,

If you are still having Java issues. You can change your attachments preference to use basic browser functionality to select and upload files instead of using the java applet functionality. You can do this using the preference manager.

Rey

Kathy,

I recommend definitely changing your upload behavior to basic browser functionality. We have had issues with that for years. From what I have gathered it was to do with Java versions. I have also heard that this functionality stopped being performed by java applets in future releases.

With all the preference settings I missed, this was one of them. I'm going to be having an 'oh duh' monent for the rest of the day.

Thanks for the help - this group rocks!

Too good to be true. I got the same error even when using basic browser functionality to select and upload files.

editattachmentsServlet.processRequest(): exception thrown: (wt.fc.fcResource/0) wt.util.WTException: The operation: "getActionsMenuActionModel" failed. Nested exception is: wt.util.WTRemoteException: Unable to invoke remote method; nested exception is: java.rmi.ServerRuntimeException: Server exception; nested exception is: wt.util.WTRuntimeException: wt.util.WTRuntimeException: wt.util.WTException: Can't invoke public static com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIValidationStatus com.ptc.netmarkets.roleAccess.NmRoleAccessHelper.getDisplayStatus(wt.org.WTUser,wt.inf.container.WTContainer,com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NmAction) throws wt.util.WTException Nested exception is: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException; nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: Can't invoke public static com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIValidationStatus com.ptc.netmarkets.roleAccess.NmRoleAccessHelper.getDisplayStatus(wt.org.WTUser,wt.inf.container.WTContainer,com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NmAction) throws wt.util.WTException Nested exception is: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException; nested exception is: wt.util.WTRuntimeException: wt.util.WTException: Can't invoke public static com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIValidationStatus com.ptc.netmarkets.roleAccess.NmRoleAccessHelper.getDisplayStatus(wt.org.WTUser,wt.inf.container.WTContainer,com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NmAction) throws wt.util.WTException Nested exception is: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException; nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: Can't invoke public static com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIValidationStatus com.ptc.netmarkets.roleAccess.NmRoleAccessHelper.getDisplayStatus(wt.org.WTUser,wt.inf.container.WTContainer,com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NmAction) throws wt.util.WTException Nested exception is: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Can anyone make any sense of this? Many thanks! Kathy

Top Tags