cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to generate a list of ALL WTpart numbers that exist

ptc-4911964
1-Newbie

How to generate a list of ALL WTpart numbers that exist

Howdy folks,

My company has PDMLink 10.1, split usage between two business units. In the present situation, Business Unit A (buA) uses Windchill only to store MCAD data. Business Unit B (buB) stores MCAD, ECAD and runs a configuration management process through Windchill, and has WTparts for every item in every BoM, as it should be.

My org, buA would like to get to the point where buB is currently. In order to do so, we need to generate WTParts for all of our legacy data, which is currently mastered in SAP. So, in order to verify that this is possible, I want to make sure there is no duplication of part numbers. I have good reason to believe there will not be any duplication, but better safe than sorry. So, I have a list of every hardware component that we have, from capacitors to zeners, a sum total of 26,000 parts. I have a script in Python that will compare two lists to check for duplicates.

I am not sure however, how I can generate a list of every used part number in Windchill. Help?

3 REPLIES 3

Give me an email address - I'll send a Query Builder report that does exactly this.

Can also take the text below, dump into a text file, rename .qml, import thru Report Manager, and run.

-----------------------

CURRENT_TIME

wt.part.WTPartMaster

thePersistInfo.createStamp

Part numbers are stored in the Database. Specifically, in the WTPartNumber field of the WTPartMaster table. By querying this field, you can list out all of the part numbers used in Windchill. For example, the below query will list out the name and number of every part in your DB:

select name,WTPartNumber from WTPartMaster;

Name may not be unique but Number is.

Announcements

Top Tags