cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Add new document type

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Add new document type

I have added a new document type in the Type and Attribute Manager, but when I go to add a new document to Windchill, I do not get my new type in the drop down menu.

I am guessing the menu is built from a RBinfo file that I need to locate, edit for the new type and compile. I will look on Monday, but in the mean time, I am looking for confirmation that that is where I need to look for this last step in the modifications.

Windchill 10.0 m040

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to update RBInfo for this. Please verify whether  "Instantiable" is set to yes for the new subtype. Secondly verify whether OIR exists for the subtype. If the softtype or parent type does not a valid OIR, the validator removes the type from new document window

Regards

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You don't need to update RBInfo for this. Please verify whether  "Instantiable" is set to yes for the new subtype. Secondly verify whether OIR exists for the subtype. If the softtype or parent type does not a valid OIR, the validator removes the type from new document window

Regards

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic

The OIR is set for all documents.

Once I set 'Instantiable' to Yes, the item showed up in the New Document type list.

Thank you.

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Just to clarify:  are you referring to a new soft type of WTDocument?  Or are you modeling a new "base" type?

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:bsindelar)

Ah disregard - just saw the updated post.  Glad you got this resolved!

Top Tags