cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Adding a column to WTPart table in database manually

raghavendra.dat
1-Newbie

Adding a column to WTPart table in database manually

Hi All,

I would like to know if it is ok to create a column manually in WTPart table? Will it have any negative impact on future upgradation or migration activities?

I have already tried to add column using "AddColumns" utility in Windchill 10.0. But, it creates a column with system generated attribute name.

I need a meaningful name to be given to the attribute.

Is there a way to give required name to the attribute using AddColumns utility?

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghavendra

2 REPLIES 2
loomax68
5-Regular Member
(To:raghavendra.dat)

I can't imagine that ther might be a problem while upgrading or migrating --- If there is one you still have can export the column values together with the ida2a2 s and reimport them after the migration / import.

But what i don't understand is, why don't you use the taype attribute manager to add your attribute ?

Beforeusing Type and attribute manager, I have used "AddColumns" utility which is required for creating standard attributes in Windchill 10.0. Earlier the requirement was tocopy part's wtpartnumber to this new attribute in WTPart table and this attribute will be read by corporate application.

But, now requirement is changed and the problem is solved by using a trigger. We have created a standard attribute and a trigger is run whenever a new part is created and standard attribute value is populated with part number.This attribute will be displayed in infopage of wtpart... (basically required for displaying legacy drawing numbers. During migration this attribute will have legacy drawing numbers. Post migration, it will have same number as wtpartnumber)

ThanksHerbertfor your reply...

Top Tags