cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Adding a new routing to Problem Report Workflow

RajeshBalasunda
1-Newbie

Adding a new routing to Problem Report Workflow

Dear All,

We are currently using Pdmlink 8.0 M050. We would like to add another routing in the Problem Report workflow, for the Analyze Problem Report task. So I created this new routingand in the transition I added com.ptc.windchill.pdmlink.change.server.impl.WorkflowProcessHelper.processConfirmation((wt.change2.WTChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject,wt.change2.ConfirmationCategory.RESOLVENOECR); after creating the resource info RESOLVENOECR in the ConfirmationCategory RBInfo file. Did a resource build on that. Tried to do a check syntax, and it failed. I then modified the ConfirmationCategory class file and added the required piece of information for the RESOLVENOECR, compiled and then checked the syntax. Itcompleted without any issues.

I then restarted windchill, after clearing all the cache, building all the jars, etc etc and I got lot of errors like, operation "lsit_list" failed, java lang null pointer exception....

Can anyoneguide methe right way to achieve this.

Regards,

Rajesh Balasundaram

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Rajesh Balasundaram,

I wonder if you got an answer for your problem yet. I have the same problem. The following is the way I added the new ConfirmationCategory:

1) windchill shell

2) enumCustomize

3) load in the codebase/wt/change2/ConfirmationCategoryRB.RB.Ser

4) added the custom ConfirmationCategory, in my case it's 'CLOSENOECR'

5) save and exit enumCustomize

6) stop windchill, tomcat

7) Rebuild the jar files: ant -f ./bin/tools.xml bundle_custom -Dbundle.input=registry

ant -f /codebase/MakeJar.xml custUpdate

😎 start tomcat, windchill

9) the system works fine, I then added this newrouting, I got the following syntax error:

Checking Syntax...
/u01/app/ptc/Windchill/tmp/WfExpression633725461.java:213: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable CLOSENOECR
com.ptc.windchill.pdmlink.change.server.impl.WorkflowProcessHelper.processConfirmation((wt.change2.WTChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject,wt.change2.ConfirmationCategory.CLOSENOECR);
^
1 error
Syntax check complete.

Can anyone guide me the right way to achieve this.

Regards,

Hoa Doan.

I assume this will solve your issue:

com.ptc.windchill.pdmlink.change.server.impl.WorkflowProcessHelper.processConfirmation((wt.change2.WTChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject,wt.change2.ConfirmationCategory.toConfirmationCategory("CLOSENOECR"));

In Reply to Hoa Doan:

/u01/app/ptc/Windchill/tmp/WfExpression633725461.java:213: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable CLOSENOECR
com.ptc.windchill.pdmlink.change.server.impl.WorkflowProcessHelper.processConfirmation((wt.change2.WTChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject,wt.change2.ConfirmationCategory.CLOSENOECR);
^
1 error
Syntax check complete.

Hi Frederik,

Thank you very much! My issue is now solved.

Hoa Doan.

Top Tags