cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Adding "Created By" Attribute to My Tasks customized view

jkilhoffer-2
4-Participant

Adding "Created By" Attribute to My Tasks customized view

I am very new to Windchill and am acting as the admin for my company. Several people want to be able to sort promotion requests by who it was created by in the My Tasks table. There is no "Created By" column option in the customize view. From my understanding, I should be able to create an attribute in the "Work Item" section of the Type and Attribute Management utility. However, I cannot seem to get this to work. Can somebody provide instructions on getting this attribute to work correctly and show up in the customize options for My Tasks.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:jkilhoffer-2)

@jkilhoffer-2,

I just configured this for our site a few days ago.  I have this configured for object number too.  You need to create several alias attributes for each business object.  Then you need to create one calculated attribute to sum the multiple alias attributes.

Obviously if you only care about Promotions, you can get away with only the alias attribute.  But if you want to use one attribute which has the object number, no matter which object the work item is coming from, you'll have to use the approach above.

pboCreatorPR (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.maturity.PromotionNotice~creator

pboCreatorCR (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2~creator

pboCreatorCN (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~creator

pboCreatorCA (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~creator

pboCreator (calculated attribute) = pboCreatorPR+pboCreatorCN+pboCreatorCA+pboCreatorCR

2018-02-08_7-16-37.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:jkilhoffer-2)

@jkilhoffer-2,

I just configured this for our site a few days ago.  I have this configured for object number too.  You need to create several alias attributes for each business object.  Then you need to create one calculated attribute to sum the multiple alias attributes.

Obviously if you only care about Promotions, you can get away with only the alias attribute.  But if you want to use one attribute which has the object number, no matter which object the work item is coming from, you'll have to use the approach above.

pboCreatorPR (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.maturity.PromotionNotice~creator

pboCreatorCR (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2~creator

pboCreatorCN (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~creator

pboCreatorCA (alias attribute) = primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~creator

pboCreator (calculated attribute) = pboCreatorPR+pboCreatorCN+pboCreatorCA+pboCreatorCR

2018-02-08_7-16-37.png

jkilhoffer-2
4-Participant
(To:BenPerry)

Thanks, Ben.

Your solution worked.

Top Tags