cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Administrator doesn't doesn't have the utility options after updating licenses

abenyazid
14-Alexandrite

Administrator doesn't doesn't have the utility options after updating licenses

Hello,

My customer updated licenses in a Windchill 12.0.2.1 and they do not have access to any of the options that are present in the Site->Utility

As a matter of fact :

Administrator has no licenses and it doesnt belong to the exclusion group (or Profile)

Even though the customer has a Windchill base they do not have :

PTC AUTHOR licenses 
PTC PDMLink module license

and when we tried to add a user to the PTC author license here is what we have received  the message in the screenshot attached.

Also you can find the bin file that user has.

The case number is  : 16103496

Thank you for the help as it is a bit urgent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:abenyazid)

It sounds like the administrator account has either been added to a license group that is not allowed access to the site utilities or the account has been removed from the 'Administrators' group.  Take a look at these articles:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:abenyazid)

It sounds like the administrator account has either been added to a license group that is not allowed access to the site utilities or the account has been removed from the 'Administrators' group.  Take a look at these articles:

I agree with TomU, and the articles he pointed to - this is the cause of that issue, over 90% of the time.

It looks like you have a meeting scheduled with a Support engineer to look at this, so that is the best route to go.

Mike C.

abenyazid
14-Alexandrite
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hello @MichaelChatel  @TomU 

Thank you for you response.

At first i tried to informed them with the content of both articles and they informed me that their Admins were not added to any group ...

But after a Teams session , i went and replicated the behaviour exactly by adding my admin to a License group and then i recontacted the customer insisted that this IT IS actual the case, they fixed the issue .

Big thank you.

Achraf,

Top Tags