cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Affected End Items in Problem and Change Requests

BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot

Affected End Items in Problem and Change Requests

There ist the possibility to add End Items to the Problem and Change Requests. (This can be disabled by a preference)

I do love the idea so we have a statistic about all the Problem and Change Requests of one End Item. But, where can I see the summary of that? There are some report samples around, but this information should be available directly on the End Item, or? Or at least it should be possible to start the report from the info page?

Or did I miss something? Is there another way to find the summary of all the changes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I understand what the affected End Items should do, but there are missing tables where this info is being showed. In the database the affected End Items are being listed in the tables

• ProblemProduct for Problem Reports
  • SubjectProduct for Change Requests

Since there are customizing needed to create tables to show them, I programmed a solution with configurable links. The step to select an End Item is hidden. So every time an affected item is being added to a Problem Report or Change Request, a method will get all the affected End Items automatically. This solution has also the advantage, that on the end item itself it's showing all the open and closed Problem Reports and Change Requests (and also change notices). This is very cool for statistics freaks which can figure out how many changes etc. have been done in a specific product. 

Unfortunately this is customizing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I understand what the affected End Items should do, but there are missing tables where this info is being showed. In the database the affected End Items are being listed in the tables

• ProblemProduct for Problem Reports
  • SubjectProduct for Change Requests

Since there are customizing needed to create tables to show them, I programmed a solution with configurable links. The step to select an End Item is hidden. So every time an affected item is being added to a Problem Report or Change Request, a method will get all the affected End Items automatically. This solution has also the advantage, that on the end item itself it's showing all the open and closed Problem Reports and Change Requests (and also change notices). This is very cool for statistics freaks which can figure out how many changes etc. have been done in a specific product. 

Unfortunately this is customizing.

To the user with the customization to navigate the where-used to find the affected end items:

Would you be willing to share the customization with me?  I have a similar need.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately this is not just one line of code. This is a whole customizing with configurable links etc. and is difficult to share, since it is part of the customer customizing.

If you have questions, ask them and I can provide specific code snippets.

Top Tags